Financial Analyst – Rotational Program
This is a 3 year rotational training program designed to provide exposure to various departments within Kite through the lens of finance. Main responsibilities include: assisting in all aspects of capital management, including acquisitions, dispositions, debt refinancing, capital outlay approval, pro forma analysis, and the due diligence processes associated with these activities. In particular, the position will engage with the following departments on the following core functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Tenant credit review: Prepare, analyze and present tenant specific capital investments and tenant credit profiles to executive management. Oversee and monitor collection of tenant credit related due diligence.
- Deal review and analysis: Review lease proposals and deal financial returns/ statistics providing a credit ranking correlating to the financial strength of a deal. Analyzes new lease deals and capital impact on deals that will require Credit Committee approval.
Development and Construction:
- Reporting on Returns: Analyze incremental cost versus the incremental revenue to determine return.
- Analyze Proformas: Shift variables or inputs to identify the best return.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Work on financing arrangements for properties as needed. Work to handle portfolio financing workload through divide and conquer approach.
- Loans: Monitor and maintain all reporting requirements to lenders, JV partners and other external parties as required.
- Work with Asset Management on capital projects, budgeting, and tenant specific tasks.
Investor Relations/Acquisitions and Dispositions/Capital Markets/Treasury:
- Review quarterly SEC reporting information relative to finance for accuracy of information to be reported.
- Create Argus Models for verification of cash flow projections to lenders, partners or investors.
- Responsible to maintain the capital planning model.
- Manages due diligence document gathering process for acquisitions, dispositions, refinancing, and appraisals for finance team. • Oversee quarterly loan reporting.
- Creates pro forma analysis for all acquisitions/dispositions we are currently analyzing, including accretion/dilution models to help senior management in the decision-making process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Ability to work effectively across functions and organizational levels and within team environment;
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and to work under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Apply for this position
To submit an application for this position, email your resume to email@example.com.